Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Epigraph

 Remember Moses said to his people: O my people! Call in remembrance the favour of God unto you, when He produced prophets among you, made you kings, and gave you what He had not given to any other among the peoples.
O my people! Enter the holy land which God hath assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously, for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin.

-Quaran 5.020 - 5.021


I do not know whether I have anything to say, I know that I am saying nothing; I do not know if  what I might have to say is unsaid because it is unsayable (the unsayable is not buried inside writing, it is what prompted it in the first place) I know that what I say is blank, is neutral, is a sign, once and for all, of a once-and-for-all annihilation. 

-W, George Perec


But even if these suspicions were unfounded, what risk would there be in my passing them on to you? You will burn this letter and I promise to burn your answers. 
The Nun, Denis Diderot

No comments:

Post a Comment